Saturday, October 18, 2008

Conan Custom Action Figures! (Part 1)

I'm not sure what it is, but there's nothing I dig more than custom action figures. There are some seriously talented people out there and I can kill hours just looking at their work. So, naturally, I have a super special soft spot for custom Conan figures.

I have found several out there on the internet and thought I'd pass them along to you.

Keep in mind that I am in no way claiming to have made these myself! But my hats off to the creators!

This first one is a killer figure obviously inspired by the movie. He looks a lot like Arnold! The figure seems pretty big, along the lines of the large GI Joes. I can't believe the pain-staking detail and work put into the clothing. And the sword is an actual metal sword, designed from the original movie sword!
Photobucket

Here's another version of the Arnold Conan. Though not quite as good as the first one, it's still got its good points. But I just can't get past his giant man boobs and worried look on his face! Still, great figure!
Photobucket

This is supposed to be a custom based on the McFarlaine King Conan figure. I guess there was some repainting done and other added details. My eye isn't trained enough to see all the subtle differences, but I had to post it as an official badass action figure.
Photobucket

I believe this figure was done by the same person as the one above. Here we have a more warrior-like Conan hefting some seriously kick-ass weapons and armor. Again, i believe it i a repaint of a McFarlaine figure...
Photobucket

Now, I'm not sure what this figure is made from, but I give it mad props! Nice touch with the spiked flail.
Photobucket

And finally, one of my favorites! This looks like a hand sculpted figure from head to foot. This was clearly based on the Mike Mignola drawings of Conan. So, although it's a little strange looking out of context, anyone who knows the Mignola Conan art knows that this figure is dead on!
Photobucket

That's it for today, there will be more Conan custom action figures coming in latter posts. Thanks for reading!

No comments: