Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Mondo Conan the Barbarian Poster by Jason Edmiston!


Via Hitfix.com. Here's a great quote:  Unlike "Blade Runner" or "The Thing," two films that have become critical hits in the 30 years since their release, "Conan The Barbarian" is still dismissed by many, and that drives me crazy.  I think it's a genuinely great film, and while it's not exactly my interpretation of Robert E. Howard's dark and strange pulp stories about the sword-bearing Cimmerian, I love what John Milius did with it.  It's one of my favorite performances by Arnold Schwarzenegger, too, and I think he benefits enormously from Sandahl Bergman's work in the film.  She makes him more soulful simply because of how she plays against him.


Art by Jason Edmiston. Special thanks to Super Punch for the link.

2 comments:

Mike D. said...

this 'd make a fantastic book cover!!!

Lee B said...

I'm fairly sure it is not possible to hold a snake in that position. Give me an Earl Norem poster instead...