Monday, December 15, 2008

Sneak Peek of My New Conan Custom Action Figure!

I'm so excited I just might pee my pants! But in a manly way, of course. This past Summer, I gave my good friend, dungeon master and genius custom action figure maker, Todd, the challenge of working his magic on a one-of-a-kind custom Conan action figure. He's got plenty of mad skills as many of you may remember from an earlier Geek Orthodox post where I showcased his custom Catwoman.

I've seen a bunch of different custom Conan action figures out there on the interwebs, many of which have been shown here) some great, others not so much, and looking at them all I just knew that Todd could knock this out of the park.

So last night, he sent me a sneak peek of what is to come, and I almost fell out of my chair when I saw it. So, without further ado, I want all of you to get in on the sneak peek action. Check this awesome business out...

Photobucket

How friggin sweet is that!? Of course, this is just a peek. I'm dying to see what his face looks like. So far, he's being built out of a 13" Captain Marvel body and head, but Todd has already started adding such incredible details, like the real leather and fur. CROM!

We talked today over coffee and he let me in on some of the other details it will have, like a more realistic cape. He's also going to dirty him up, give him some blood spatters and scars and is going to pick up the special sword tonight. Seriously, I cannot express to you all enough what it means to me to be this close to owning a one-of -a-kind custom Conan.

So, it looks like I'll get the finished deal on Thursday (it being my birthday and all) and you can damn well count on me writing a big long raving post about it with plenty of pictures! So until then!

No comments: