Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Krey the Barbarian!

 Trolling through one of my all time favorite websites this morning, which posts CBR versions of classic comic books, I came across this barbaric little gem; a 3 issue run of a comic called Krey, from Caliber Comics (publishers of the legendary Crow series).

The comics are very 1992 in every way; art, theme, feel, format. But in an oddly nostalgic way, it's a pretty cool book. There are some gory fight scenes, a few scenes ripped straight from Conan the Barbarian, and the main hottie had four arms for some reason. The artwork is actually pretty well-rendered if a bit cartoony.

Still, it's free, so head on over to HERE to download all three issues zipped. You'll need the Comical Comic Book Reader program to read the book, but it's also free, easy to use and a must have for anyone who loves comics and has a computer.

Enjoy!




6 comments:

abdul666 said...

As 'Not quite Conan' -in books rather than in comics form- what about Gardner F. Fox's Khotar the Barbarian? Imho the 4 novels -specially 'Kothar of the Magic Sword'- are vastly superior to the Conan pastiches published by TOR!

Mike D. said...

I remeber that comic...was never able to find one...my comic shop guy never really bought indies.

Anonymous said...

It warms my heart to see one of my projects mentioned it.

It DISTRESSES my heart to see that someone had ripped it off and was offering it FREE!

I ask that if you ever see it like that again, please let me know--they were stealing from me. :{

@Mikeyboy. I can probably hook you up if you're still interested! :)

-Roland (writer of "not quite Conan" Krey!)

Mike D. said...

Yes... I want them Roland please.
You did not know that site had your comic books? Sorry to hear that. From what I saw you are quite talented

Anonymous said...

No, I did not know until I saw this page on 8/27/2013. I went but couldn't tell who it was--it had been taken down. Very frustrating to know someone has stolen from me. :|

Thanks for the kind words. I think every writer has a barbarian story (or more) in them. Krey was mine--I had a blast with it. Getting ready to try to get it published digitally. I'm looking for a colorist. :)

Send me some email to brolandmann(at)gmail.com and I'll try to hook you up with a set. I'll have to check, but I think I still have some.

Cromsblood said...

Let us know when you republish it and we'll do a bit of a write up to let folks know Roland.