Wednesday, November 19, 2008

*sigh*... Conan the Librarian...

Okay, look... I've been a Conan fan since I was eight years old, therefore I have long ago lost count on how may times I've had somebody throw the "Conan the Librarian" joke at me. Oh. Ha ha. I get it. "Librarian" kind of rhymes with "barbarian". Riiiiight. To be honest, I do still get a good chuckle out of that bit from Weird Al Yankovic's movie UHF. But I think it's about time to call that joke deceased. And since you can't have a Conan blog without mentioning the joke, I'm doing it now and will never ever do it again. So now let's take a look at the history of the "Conan the Librarian" joke, and finally lay it on top of a big rock and set it on fire while we won't cry but Subotai will cry for us.

Here's the original scene from the movie UHF...



The guy is actually pretty funny! Anyone know who the actor was? I'm too lazy to look it up right now...

Photobucket

Even the Sunday comic strips got in on the joke as seen in this Mother Goose & Grimm strip...

Photobucket

And most recently, I found this pretty funny action figure comic (in the style of what those dudes do in that action figure magazine)...

Photobucket
Photobucket

You can see the original HERE. Mad props to Poe Ghostal for creating it and posting it and not getting mad at me for stealing it!

So there you have it! May this joke never be told again!

1 comment:

Bubbashelby said...

Kids these days with their fancy "Youtwos" and "MyFaces" will never know the joys of late night UHF, and that silly round antenna.

Meeemorieeees *sniff*

Like the corners of my miiiiind...