Monday, November 24, 2008

More Conan Swag Found of eBay!

I love it when I find something Conan-related that I've never seen before (and I assure you that that rarely happens), so imagine my surprise when I found this sweet Conan pocket size collection of comics which looks to be written in Italian (I could be wrong, all I know is that it's not English or Stygian). But what really makes this a beauty is that it's signed by none other than Barry Windsor Smith himself! Sweeeeeeeeeeeeet...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And if you're looking for something Conan-related to carry your lunch in, get yourself one of these Conan the Adventurer lunch boxes! Based on the incredibly non-Conan-like cartoon where he had a talking bird sidekick!

Photobucket

Photobucket

And since we've already stunk up today's blog by bringing up the cartoon (which I secretly loved but will never tell any of you that), it looks like some schmoe raided the dumpsters behind the animation studio the day they cleaned out their archives, because he's selling all kinds of old animation cells including these rather nice Conan the Adventurer cells showcasing pretty good shots of our main man from Cimmeria...

"Hey! What's that up there?"
Photobucket

"Wait... Do I still have my shield? Yep. Still got it!"
Photobucket

"Okay, now what was I looking at?"
Photobucket

"Screw it!"
Photobucket

"I wanna hit something with my sword! CROM!"
Photobucket

That's it for today, I think I need to grab one of those animation cells!

1 comment:

Darius Whiteplume said...

I have, somewhere deep in my archives, a Turkish edition of Red Sonja #1. Back when my Red Sonja wesite was getting my attention, an internet friend/fan of the site sent me an old copy he had laying around. What a cool guy! The Turkish version was in black and white. He said all the comics there were, and they prefer it that way. Weird?

In the cartoon, didn't Conan either have a talking sword or a "Princess Ariel" running around with him? That's just wrong if he did. :-)