Saturday, April 2, 2011

An April fool's day prank...


He got me good. over @ " The Mike Hawthorne sketchbook " the very talented and esteemed Mr. Hawthorne posted a drawing of CONAN facing off against HELLBOY. ( Both Dark Horse publications ) With the comment "Conan vs Hellboy , I can't believe I'm actually working on it."

I thought The good people at Dark Horse were putting out a CONAN crossover story. Well sadly. It was a prank. A damned fine one too. I was psyched until Mike said "APRILFOOL'S!!!". A long time ago I prepped a plot synopsis for a CONAN vs TARZAN mini....the response was. " We have no plans to have any CONAN crossovers , ever " But thank you. So I thought the HELLBOY deal was real. But alas....

2 comments:

Mike Hawthorne said...

Hey!

Thanks for being such a good sport about it! You rock... and check your mail! ;-)

Thanks!
Mike

Cromsblood said...

Cool pic Mike H! And funny you mentioning a Conan/Tarzan crossover as I was perusing just such a comic book when I read your post Mikey.