Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Conan the Barbarian Autograph Trading Cards!

Found these beauties on eBay, but the seller didn't have a lot of info one them. Looks like you get a series of "autographed" cards from various Conan actors like James Earl Jones, Mako, Sarah Douglas and the dude who played Rexor. Then you get three other cards without autographs, unfortunately, it would be the three autographs I would want the most! Oh well. The seller failed to mention if the autographs are genuine or just printed on. These sets are ringing in at $150 each, so they better be the real deal!

Photobucket

I found another almost identical set from the same seller that gives you three Conan cards instead of a Subotai and a Valeria.

Photobucket

Here's a closer look...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Then, after a little searching, I came across this genuine Arnold autograph card with a price tag on it of a whopping $1,500! CROM!

Photobucket

Photobucket

I can't lie, having these in the collection would be awesome. Maybe one of you millionaires out there could get them for yourself and then we could all live vicariously through you. ;)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I purchased one of these sets and I can tell you the signatures are indeed individually hand-signed (Though deceased now, Mako signed his cards about 2 years ago which makes me curious why Rittenhouse cards sat on them for so long). The set I received came with the 3 Arnold/Conan cards rather than the Valeria & Subotai ones which was slightly disappointing, but not as much so as the fact that they didn't get Gerry Lopez or Sandahl Bergman to actually sign them. Still, a great set for the Conan fan at a pretty reasonable price -- but be aware they made only 333 of them, so grab 'em while you can!

Reis O'Brien said...

Thanks for the info, Mak! It's nice to hear from someone who has gotten to take a look at these first hand.

I wonder if you could still get just the two Sandahl Bergman and Gary Lopez cards separately and then all you have to do is hunt them down and get them to sign them.

Unknown said...

I'm curious to have actually seen the 3 supplemental Conan cards because when I ordered them I was expecting the Lopez & Bergman cards, but it seems when the sets finally came out last week (after a couple months delay) it was just the three Arnold ones that ultimately came with it instead. So I'm not sure that they were necessarily even released despite what that other seller may be offering (probably just an old sell sheet photo) -- I know I wasn't given a choice. Just looking at the Subotai/Valeria cards though, I suspect Rittenhouse may have had plans for getting them signed but that might have fallen through. --shrug--