Monday, December 22, 2008

My New Custom Conan Action Figure is Here!

Know, O Prince, that between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the gleaming cities, and the rise of the sons of Aryas, there was an age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world like blue mantles beneath the stars-Nemedia, Ophir, Brythunia, Hyperborea, Zamora with its dark-haired women and towers of spider-haunted mystery, Zingara with itl chivalry, Koth that borderd the pastoral lands of Shem, Styfia with its shadow-guarded tombs, Hykania whos riders wore steel and silk and gold. But the proudest kingdom in the world was Aquilonia, reigning supreme in the dreaming west. Hither came Conan the Cimmerian, black-haired, sullen-eyed, sword in hand, a theif, a reaver, a slayer, with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandaled feet.
- The Nemedian Chronicles

Well, my much talked about (by me, anyway) custom Conan action figure is finally in my possession and I am simply shocked at it's sheer awesomeness! Now, you've all heard me talk up my friend Todd's incredible customizing skills, but I just have to reiterate the surprising amount of detail and cleverness that was put into this figure. I don't understand why some toy company doesn't hire him to sculpt and paint prototype figures or something! With his talent, he should be raking in the moola.

So, Saturday night, I braved the howling snowstorm that has gripped Seattle for the past five days and swung by his place for a couple of drinks and some brutal rounds on Soul Calibur IV. But first we had the unveiling and after seeing it I was simply speechless! I mean, we all saw the sneak peeks, but they didn't show all the final touches that he put into the figure.

You know what, I need to shut up for a second and just let you all take a look...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Look at that crazy Cimmerian badass! He's clearly just spent a lovely afternoon of force-feeding his enemies and endless supply sharpened steel! I just love all the blood and grime of the battlefield that contrast so sharply with his ice-blue Cimmerian eyes. Let's look at some closer details...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Just look at the little details like the wristband above. Todd has such a detailed imagination that this figure is brimming with little touches like that!

Photobucket

I sthat human brain on his boots?

Photobucket

And how can you be a barbarian if you're not bristling with weapons! This figure came with two swords, a hand-axe and a dagger. The main sword is actually made of stainless steel, found at a local knife-and-sword shop. But that wasn't good enough for Todd, he even had to customize that by adding these beautiful gemstones to the pommel...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

So I guess you all can tell that I'm pee-my-pants thrilled with my one-of-a-kind Conan figure. I have it up on a shelf were his total 13 inches towers over my other action figure!

Photobucket

So, seriously, huge thank you's and mad friggin props go to my homeboy Todd for putting so much time, effort, money and care into this very special piece of art that will forever be prized by me. To know that I now own something this cool and original, no one else in the entire world will have something like this, really means the world to me.

Thanks, Todd! You muthafuggin ROCK!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Holy crap that's awesome!